Mrs. Bonnie Pechulis
Welcome to Spanish class! The purpose of this letter is to explain a few policies, requirements and classroom routines that I have found to be the most useful and successful for Spanish 8:
1. Learning a foreign language is very different from other subjects. It relies on a great deal of oral work, in the form of active participation in class as well as practice at home.
2. Keeping your notebook organized is essential to good study habits. I will give you the necessary dividers for your Spanish section of your binder. You do not need a separate binder for Spanish class.
3. The first few weeks will be spent reviewing last yearís work Ė so donít worry about how much you forgot over the summer!
4. Participation in class is a must! We will have lots of partner and group work as well as individual. We will also use the language lab once per week, for which you will receive a classwork grade.
5 . My goal is to incorporate more computer technology into our lessons this year. For those of you with Internet access at home, I encourage you to visit my web site:
6. Your grade will be determined as follows:
Tests and Quizzes-25%
9. Please ask questions! I am not always accessible after class because of floating, but many times I confer with students on our way to the next class. I am also available during homeroom, lunch and before and after school. You may also email me at www.schoolnotes.com.
10. Finally, a few common sense rules for behavior should be followed by all:
Letís have a successful year!
Comments or Questions?
here to return to Senora Pechulis' Home Page